Fire Damage to East Taunton Structures
Why do some contents have more pungent odors from fire damage than others?
Many clients wonder why some materials smell of smoke residue more than others after a fire. Several factors contribute to these strong odors.
SERVPRO technicians are trained to recognize smoke residues' characteristics from fire damage in East Taunton buildings and contents. Smoke particles are one-tenth of a micron to 4 microns in size. This small size allows them to penetrate surfaces easily. Also, the following conditions can help odor particles penetrate materials:
- Porous materials absorb odors readily, e.g., fabrics, drywall, leathers.
- Heavy concentrations contribute to higher penetrations.
- Exposure time also increases the number of particles that are absorbed.
- Heat expands surfaces allowing particles to penetrate. The surfaces contract when they cool, trapping smoke particles inside
- Humidity helps odors vaporize and carry the odor vapor to the nose, making the smell seem more substantial than in dry air.
Our team acts quickly to mitigate the fire damage and the retention of smoke odors. Removal, cleaning, sanitizing, deodorization, and sealing surfaces are among the solutions used by SERVPRO to control smoke odors.
Contact SERVPRO of Taunton / Mansfield for fire damage services to East Taunton and surrounding areas. We can help 24/7. Call (508) 824-0200.