What Should You Do if You Need Taunton Mold Removal?
Stay Put – SERVPRO is on Hand to Help with Mold Remediation
Taunton is a delightful city of 55,874, situated on the Taunton River just ten miles from Hope Bay. Taunton has everything a visitor could want, including a fascinating history, gorgeous architecture, cultural sites, and plenty of green space.
Settlers named Taunton after the town of Taunton in Somerset, England. Members of the Plymouth colony were responsible for settling the area in 1637, making it among the earliest towns in the United States. Taunton also boasts two nicknames: The Silver City and The Christmas City. Locals gave it the name The Silver City from the silver industry's development there, and people call it The Christmas City because of its impressive yearly light displays.
Start at Taunton Green
Should you be unsure where to begin exploring this lovely city, Taunton Green is an excellent starting place. Taunton Green was historically a gathering point for troops headed off to war and was gifted to the town as a military training ground in 1743. These days, it provides a delightful green place to sit and watch the world go by and is also the Taunton Green Historic District's heart.
The district is home to many beautiful buildings from different eras. The Green is also dotted with sculptures commemorating soldiers who fought in various wars, including The Hiker, a statue in memory of those who fought in the Philippine–American War, the Spanish–American War, and the Boxer Rebellion.
Exploring Beyond the Green
Taunton's fascinating sites do not stop at Taunton Green. There are many other places in the city to explore:
- The Old Colony History Museum belongs to the Old Colony Historical Society, founded in 1853. This museum is one of the oldest historical societies in New England. The museum is jam-packed with local artifacts and documents.
- Taunton City Hall is a historic city hall dating back to 1848. The current building houses local government offices.
- Central Fire Station is the oldest continuously-used fire station in America. It has never been shut since it was first built in 1869. The building is a striking gabled construction, featuring an eye-catching hip roof.
- Battleship Cove is the home of the USS Massachusetts and features the country's most extensive collection of World War II naval vessels. There are many famous ships moored here, and it is open to the public.
Taunton also has several parks to choose from, plus miles of walks near the Taunton River.
What to do if You Observe Signs of Mold Damage?
If you see signs of mold damage in your home, call SERVPRO immediately. Your actions can make a significant impact on the outcome. We recommend that you:
- Stay away from the affected area if you can. Do not walk through it if you can avoid it, as mold spores can attach to your clothes.
- Do not touch anything with mold on the surface, including walls, floors, or personal belongings.
- Do not try to clean the mold yourself, as this can make the problem worse.
We equip our teams with plastic sheeting and negative air machines to set up containment and lower the spores' risk. Our techs wear protective equipment at all times and dispose of contaminated coveralls and gloves so as not to spread mold throughout your home.
For thorough mold removal, call SERVPRO of Taunton / Mansfield at (508) 824-0200.