If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (508) 824-0200

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Foxboro restaurant calls for an emergency commercial cleaning.

11/21/2017 (Permalink)

SERVPRO of Taunton/Mansfield is here to help when you need us the most! We specialize in emergency services to get your business back up and running.

Sometimes the property damage isn’t your fault!

Most of the time property damage is caused when someone's  plumbing pipes break or appliances malfunction within your own space. However, this isn't always the case as one Foxboro restaurant owner found out the hard way. Over the weekend, he was called to come down to his restaurant immediately because the fire alarms were going off in his unit.

At first, he was relieved when he got the news that there was no fire damage at his restaurant! As a matter of fact, his unit seemed perfectly fine, or so he thought. Once the fire department inspected all the units they confirmed no fire had occurred.

Instead, they noted that workers next door were jackhammering the concrete floors to install new plumbing and had caused concrete dust to fill the air in the units setting off all the alarms in the complex.

Unfortunately, the inspector had to deliver the bad news to the restaurant owner that his unit too was completely affected by the concrete dust. He told the owner that his unit would need to be cleaned and sanitized before opening for business again. At first, they didn't think much of it, they had cleaned the restaurant many times before, but the inspector told them that they should call a professional company to do the cleaning due to the cause. They explained that the fine concrete dust was everywhere and covered everything in the restaurant right down to the light fixtures and salt and pepper shakers on every table. They didn't know how they were going to get everything cleaned so they could open for business then someone on scene recommended they called SERVPRO of Taunton/Mansfield.

Within an hour we responded and began the process of cleaning every square inch of the restaurant. We were able to give them peace of mind knowing that their restaurant was cleaned and sanitized, so they could get back to doing what they do best, cooking for the neighborhood!

A few days later, I was in the area and stopped by to see how everything was during lunchtime. I was happy to see a full restaurant serving amazing food and thought to myself today is a perfect fall day for some soup. As I sat enjoying a delicious bowl of homemade beef stew and watching the staff and customers converse I realized that this is the reason why we do what we do! Bad things happen to good people sometimes and I am proud to say we have their back when it does!

Other News

View Recent Posts