What Can I Do To Prepare My Business For Emergencies?
SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Program (ERP) Helps Taunton Businesses Prepare Ahead of Time Disasters.
Fire and floods can devastate a business faster than you can imagine. Sadly 50% of all businesses that are impacted by a disaster never reopen. Of those that do survive, the majority of them had some type of response plan prepared. Over the past 34 years, Taunton has experienced approximately 5” of increased sea levels. This means the starting point for storm surges and high tides has raised, in turn, making coastal flooding more frequent and more severe. Is your business prepared?
How Can ERP Help My Business?
Taunton is a beautiful city with many fascinating historic buildings. Established in 1637 by the Plymouth Colony, it is also known as the “Silver City”. It was one of the principal starting points for the silver industry in the 19th century. Shops and homes sit along the Taunton River, which meanders through the town, ending at Mount Hope Bay. Storms can come up at any time, causing flood damage in Taunton and impacting businesses across the town. SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Program helps make sure your business is prepared for just this type of situation. Our ERP system can help by:
- Helping you establish trust with clients and employees. They know you are prepared if disaster strikes.
- Compiling a comprehensive information resource for use if there is a problem.
- Minimizing business interruption and loss of revenue.
- Reduce secondary damage saving your company money.
- Providing timely mitigation that reduces downtime due to cleanup and restoration.
The key to prompt mitigation is knowing whom to call, what to do, and what to expect in advance.
What is the Emergency Ready Profile System?
This system is designed to shorten response time to emergency calls from businesses. Its web-based interface is user-friendly and easy to set up. By having your information on hand, our response is faster, which means you are up and running as soon as possible.
What Do I Need to Do?
As a business owner creating a company profile is the first step. You personalize your company profile with the relevant information. If you need assistance getting set up, a Marketing Representative can provide that service free of charge.
How Does My Profile Help?
When you establish an ERP profile, you have a Marketing Representative that works directly with your business. If an emergency occurs, such as storm flooding, that person has all your business needs, particular circumstances, and emergency contacts listed. There is no need to take the time to give SERVPRO that information when you call. This means a faster response time on our end.
More Benefits of ERP
There are many benefits to enrolling in the ERP system, as you can see from above. Some of the other factors that can be beneficial include:
- Multi Business Management – When flood damage hits dealing with one business is hard enough. If you are the owner or manager of multiple industries, it can seem impossible. The ERP system permits you to create a profile for each business, which is beneficial with severe storm flooding situations.
- Contact Management – Any company has multiple contact information. Insurance, utilities, suppliers, and other essential contacts you deal with all the time. With ERP, you can organize those contact lists and store that information within the system. Communication is vital in any type of disaster, and this enhances contact efficacy in the face of a disaster.
Are You Ready?
Every business should have a contingency plan prepared. There are 3 components to a solid plan, and they are incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity. SERVPRO ERP system is not a stand-alone contingency plan but a vital part of an existing one. We address the incident response and disaster recovery portions. Our technicians are trained to help you recover your business after flood damage occurs, but we also want to help you before anything detrimental happens. When you invest in ERP, you are creating a win-win situation for your business and livelihood. More reasons to choose the ERP system include:
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- Contains only the needed information in the event of an emergency.
- Establishes SERVPRO® of Taunton/Mansfield as your disaster mitigation and restoration service provider.
- Names the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information
If flooding does occur, the ERP readiness plan has our Green Team on the scene providing emergency mitigation and performing a scope immediately. Since we already have information on your building, the layout, and the content, the initial process is drastically reduced. Cleanup, repair, and restoration can get underway so your business can bounce back.
Contact SERVPRO of Taunton/Mansfield at (508) 824-0200 for commercial flood damage service.
Contractor Licenses: General: CS-108357. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster