Why Should We Take Mold Growth Seriously
Why Should We Take Mold Growth Seriously?
Do you see black stuff collecting on the corners of your walls, ceilings or furniture? Don’t worry, it’s not dark matter, but also worry because it’s black mold which is a concern in terms of aesthetic appearance. This growth will slowly destroy your property if not handled in a timely manner. While it damages, it will also disperse harmful spores into the air, which may cause health implications for certain individuals. The most common places where you will see black mold are kitchens and bathrooms as these are the places where water is frequently used. The moisture provides favorable conditions for mold to grow. Here’s a quick guide on how to get rid of black mold in different areas of your houses along with some useful tips:
Mold in Kitchens and/or Bathrooms
There are numerous reasons which can cause mold growth in kitchens and bathrooms. Ideal temperature and moisture facilitate it by providing ideal conditions for its growth. An effective way to remediate it is to have a proper ventilation system installed. Effective flow of air is necessary to keep the spaces dry and to eliminate moisture content which is necessary for mold growth. There a few DIY methods to prevent it, however, if the situation has escalated, you can hire professional companies such as SERVPRO of Taunton/Mansfield which deal with mold restoration in Mansfield, MA and Taunton, MA.
Handy Tips for Prevention
If your property has been affected by black mold growth, you may try the following handy tips to prevent and even eradicate it by doing-it-yourself:
- Use gloves, glasses, and mask before cleaning affected area. Spores and fumes from the chemicals used can be hazardous
- Proper ventilation is required to keep the area dry. Exhaust fans, humidifiers and air-conditioning in summer and heaters in winters can be used for this purpose
- Cover the surrounding before cleaning and removal process
- Check vents, ducts properly as these may fall victim easily due to not being used or cleaned over longer durations
- Get cleaning agents from the market to clean mold from small areas that have been affected
- For larger areas of the house, always hire a professional company to carry out this task. SERVPRO is a leader in mold restoration in Mansfield, MA and Taunton, MA
- Homemade cleaners can also be utilized for the removal process. These include grapefruit seed extract, tea tree oil, and distilled white vinegar, all of which are anti-fungal
- Besides this borax, hydrogen peroxide, ammonia, and bleach can be utilized. These mold-killing chemicals should be handled carefully
Effective Measures to Remove Mold
The proper removal of black mold is necessary to avoid further damage to your property, furniture, etc. If the black mold growth is beyond the capabilities of DIY solutions, don’t waste more money and simply hire a competent and professional mold remediating service such as SERVPRO of Taunton/Mansfield. Only professionals can know how to remediate it completely and stop it from further growth.
For further inquiries, contact us at (508) 824-0200