Taunton Facilities Know SERVPRO Holds the Answer to Speedy Flood Damage Control and Cleanup
How to Manage Commercial Flood Damage in Your Taunton Nursing Home
Nursing homes care for the medical needs of patients who are elderly or disabled. Flooding in these facilities can disrupt their regular operations and impact the residents and staff. That’s why SERVPRO responds to flooding emergencies in Taunton around the clock. We have experience in handling both small and large losses in commercial facilities.
Flood damage in your Taunton nursing home is dangerous to the property and the residents who need critical care. Some issues that can occur after floodwaters enter your nursing home include:
• Weakened wood - If furniture, wooden floors, and walls remain exposed to water for lengthy periods, they can weaken, blister, or soften.
• Corroded metals - A combination of air and water exposure can speed up the rusting process of metal building materials and furniture.
• Ruined documents – Nursing home facilities keep detailed records that track the condition of every resident. If floodwater destroys some essential documents, it can throw the medical program of the residents into disarray.
• Electrocution hazards – Water can conduct electricity when it comes into contact with plugged-in electronic equipment or live wires. An electric current can pass through the water and could electrocute staff or residents who come into contact with it.
• Fire hazards – Water may short circuit the power system of the building and create sparks that may ignite nearby drywall, fabrics, and wood. Water that contacts exposed wiring, appliances, and power outlets is a serious concern.
• Contamination – Floodwater usually contains viruses and bacteria, which can pose health risks to the residents.
You can avoid many of these problems if you start the cleanup process as soon as possible. SERVPRO has the equipment, knowledge, and sufficient flood damage restoration crews who can assist you in getting your nursing home back to normal operations within a short time. After assessing the damage, we can begin extracting the standing water. Floodwater may contain soft and hard solids. Our technicians can use self-priming trash pumps to remove it. These pumps can easily maintain the flow of large volumes of water containing sand, mud, sludge, and other waste with no external help. Self-priming pumps also offer easy access to the pump body if they get clogged. Small units are portable and can move 10,000 to 60,000 gallons of water per hour using a 1″ to 4″ hose.
To deal with the contaminants in floodwater, our crew can apply microbial agents in the affected areas. These are chemicals designed to stop or limit the growth of microbes or prevent their development. They include virucides, fungicides, germicides, sanitizers, and mildewcides. Our crew can also get rid of excess indoor humidity in your nursing home using air moving and dehumidifying equipment.
If you need flood cleanup services in Taunton, Mansfield, or Norton, call SERVPRO of Taunton/Mansfield at (508) 824-0200. We have the expertise required to restore your facility to preloss condition.